The Tech Shed Podcast Episode 05, The Slight Return
We give a quick update as to what's been going on and why we've been off the air.
- MP3 Audio 12 MB
- Ogg Vorbis Audio 9 MB
Running Time: 0hr 12min 34secFeeds for both MP3 and OGG:
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player. Show notes after the jump.
A quick update as to what has happened and why we have been off air:
0:26 | Introduction
We update you on what’s been going on and why there hasn’t been an episode since mid-November last year, which was our Oggcamp Special we recorded at the event. We did record another Studio show after in late November however the audio quality on both ends of the recording wasn’t great and it took poor Jon a couple of weeks to make not alot of progress cleaning it up. In the end we called it lost and then tried to record another Outside Broadcast episode as a Christmas/End of Year Special however we couldn’t find a suitable location to record in.
With the start of the New Year Jon and Olly ran into real life problems which they both had to deal with, you can read Olly’s blog for a bit more detail on his side. This isn’t a full show unfortunately, more just a quick message to say sorry we’ve not been around and to confirm that we are coming back just need to get things in order to give the show 100%.
6:46 | Tech Goings On
Quite a bit has gone on since our last show in the world of tech which would have been good talking points namely:
- The very sad death of Ian Murdock the co founder of the Debian Project. At 42 years of age his death was far too early and very sudden. http://blog.docker.com/2015/12/ian-murdock/
- The demise of Oggcamp? http://oggcamp.org/the-ghost-of-oggcamp-yet-to-come/ More sad news, our favourite conference isn’t happening again this year, and if nobody takes over who knows when?
- Apple encryption fiasco http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/02/apple-vs-fbi-fight-faq.html
- Google goes head-to-head with the EU as once again they are charge with Antitrust Allegations http://www.digitaltrends.com/android/the-european-commission-has-formally-accused-google-of-monopolistic-practices/
11:29 | Outro
Concluding the show we would like to thank everyone for their support and ask you to keep the faith and be patient, we will be back hopefully in the near future with a regular show once again.
Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR; Send us a comment to firstname.lastname@example.org You can follow us on Twitter @TheTechShedPod talk about the show’s content using the hashtag #TheTechShedPod
- Intro: Sun Shining by Boxing Fox
- On The Bench: Books02 by Abolla
- Under The Drill: DN KP - bench Drill machine 09 by pishpirika
- In The Vice: Vice by kwahmah_02
- Nail and Screw Tin: Nails by Udit Duseja
- Knock At The Door: Knock_the_door by anagar
- Outro: Sun Shining by Boxing Fox
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License